Top Performance Tips From The Toolbox
These tips are all used and proved on our own works bikes.
The differences these improvements make will transform your unimpressive donkey into a thoroughbred.
1) Fit Dunlop tyres. Cheap tyres will most definitely not offer the same level of grip. Decent tyres will enable you to improve your riding skills and will boost your confidence.
2) Fit one of our repackable STEALTH alloy mufflers. A noisy bike is tiring to ride.
3) Fit our Serrated Foot pegs for a firmer, surer foot hold.
4) Fit a Gunnar Gasser twist grip. Medium quick action with the advantage of safely routing your throttle cable sideways out of the way of branches and bushes.
5) Improve your braking significantly by fitting our high friction brake linings. He who brakes last wins the corner!
6) Have your cylinder and *crankcases (*250) works tuned to prevent gassing up, and to improve power.
7) Clean up the carburation and improve power by fitting an Amal Mk 2 carburetter. 34-38 for the 250 and 36-38 for the 370/410 depending upon engine state of tune. 32mm is a No No.
8) Overhaul your ignition. Fit one of our improved stators for reliability.
9) Fit decent rear shocks for rear end control. We use IKON 340mm shocks.
10) Fit our 1" extra thick seat with moulded foam for extra comfort.
11) Have your front forks extended and set up by us.
Serrated Foot pegs
STEALTH alloy muffler
Gunnar Gasser twist grip
High Friction brake shoes
+1" Moulded seat
Improved ignition stator
Twin Seal Conversion Kit
Amal Mk2 carburetter
IKON rear shocks